About the Inventory
Authors: Michael Farr and The Editors at JIST
The Career & Life Explorer gets students thinking about their futures and careers while encouraging them to stay in school, explore their options, and dream big. With bright colors, appealing graphics, and easy-to-follow instructions, the device guides students as they look at their career clues (their interests, talents, values, hobbies, and more); review more than 250 job titles arranged in six interest groupings; plan their high school courses and activities; and consider education, training, and work options after high school.Order Now
Key Features and Benefits
- Makes an ideal first step for any middle school or early high school career exploration unit and can help students plan their high school curriculum to match their future plans.
- Prompts students to develop a one-page "My Ideal Job" poster, which includes their top interest groups, possible jobs, skills and values, and education plans.
- Includes a resources list that directs students to career research material.
- Offers space for students to list classes to take in high school, extracurricular activities and part-time work to pursue, and additional research desired.
- Includes a free Administrator's Guide.
Request a sample or quote
Interested in using this inventory in your program or curriculum? Connect with your regional Paradigm contact for more information.