About the Inventory
Author: John J. Liptak, EdD
The Career Intake & Counseling Scale provides a structured inventory for identifying clients' or students' most significant and urgent career development needs and developing treatment plans that will address those needs.
Clients or students taking the inventory are asked to consider 50 statements that relate to major deficiencies that prevent people from attaining employment success. Individuals must rate how well the statement describes their level of concern on a three-point scale, ranging from "A Major Concern" to "Not a Concern."
These responses are scored and recorded in a Career Intake Profile table that identifies individuals' top career-related concerns and barriers, including:
- Education and training
- Career development
- Job search
- Job transition
Next, individuals will review recommended activities for overcoming employment barriers and enhancing their career development. In the last step of the inventory, individuals will craft a Career Success Action Plan that identifies their top goals and steps for attaining them.
Key Features and Benefits
- Helps employment counselors and educators quickly customize their case management plans for the varying needs of their clients or students.
- Takes about 20 minutes to complete and is ideal for any program that provides career counseling, job search assistance, or vocational guidance.
- Can be given to groups or individuals.
- Available in print or online.
- Includes a free Administrator's Guide.
In a survey of 247 individuals who completed this inventory online,
- 87% felt more informed about their career development needs.
- 86% said they gained strategies they could immediately begin implementing to achieve job search and career goals.
- 84% said the inventory was easy to complete.
Administer the Inventory in Print or Online
Select the format that works best for your clients’ or students’ needs. The print version is ideal for in-person meetings and workshops and can be a helpful reference tool during one-on-one discussions.
The online version offers automated scoring and allows individuals to complete the inventory at home at their convenience. Results are immediately saved and provided to administrators. This option is ideal for serving or advising individuals who are unable to meet face-to-face.
Request a Sample or Quote
Interested in using this inventory in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.