About the Inventory
Authors: Joan C. Harrington; Thomas F. Harrington, PhD; and Janet E. Wall, EdD
The Ability Explorer (AE) ranks a person's strengths in the 12 abilities important in today's workplace. In less than 30 minutes, individuals learn their strongest abilities, plus related careers for developing and using these abilities.
Written at an 8th-grade reading level, this 120-statement assessment raises self-awareness, provides practical insights and information, and creates a foundation for informed career and educational planning. Individuals are asked to read each statement and then indicate how good they are or would be at doing the activity. They then progress through steps that show the abilities they are best at and present career choices that match their abilities.Order Now
Key Features and Benefits
- Measures more abilities than traditional aptitude tests, including key soft skills. It covers the following abilities: artistic, clerical, interpersonal, language, leadership/persuasive, manual/technical, musical/dramatic, numerical/mathematical, organizational, scientific, social, and spatial.
- Self-scoring and self-interpreting, the AE is an ideal career exploration tool that can be used in any educational or workforce-related setting.
- The AE aligns with National Career Development Guidelines and National Standards for School Counseling Programs.
- Focuses on career planning with an "Abilities-to-Careers Finder" that matches users" results to occupations with a bright outlook, including a special emphasis on STEM careers.
- Includes a free User's Guide and Professional Manual.
Request a sample or quote
Interested in using this inventory in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.